It’s a Plan Stan!!
TRAINING IS HARRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Half Marathon Lark is no joke.. I already knew that but things are really starting to sink in as training is becoming more and more difficult, so I have come up with a plan which means I will actually be able to run the MAJORITY of the race and FINISH it whilst still breathing! 😀 Win- win right?!
So here it is:
- Train to be able to run 5 miles without stopping! (bad ass feat within itself!
- Take part in a few Park Run 5K’s so I have no choice but to keep up with my training!
On Race Day:
- Run 5 miles without stopping.
- Walk 1 mile (speedily though to keep my heart rate up!
- Run 4 miles without stopping.
- Walk 0.5 miles (speedily like before)
- RUN LIKE THE WIND (ish) FOR THE FINAL 2.6 MILES
After The Race:
- Get a medal (Life Long Goal of having my very own medal up on my wall!… Sad but True!)
- Potentially Pass out!
- Go for Lunch and a beer!!! (I totally will deserve it)
- Celebrate with my Blurt Babes who are all gonna deserve the high fives they are totally getting!
Finally I will return home, proud and beat but ready to wake up for class the next day… Oh sorry what was that? Yes, yes I am completely insane! I have friends who will help me hobble to campus, fear not! 😛
So that’s the plan! 🙂 And then in March I could be running the Colchester Half too! 😛 Which clearly shows just how mental I actually am!
HOT OFF THE PRESS:
Keep your eyes peeled for my brand new website for runners, in partnership with my gal (and fellow runner) Elizabeth. You’ll hear about it right here first, so stay tuned! 🙂